The Community Council is still meeting but only virtually mainly by email and occasionally by Zoom.
NEW MEMBERS STILL REQUIRED
NB - a Virtual Zoom meeting is being arranged for Tuesday 8th December at 7pm email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to join the virtual meeting and details and link will be sent to you.
Items of Interest at the moment are :-
1. The Community Council spoke at the Licensing Board on their objection to a variation of the Chester Hotel Alcohol License to increase the numbers of customers it can serve.
The decision was to retain the numbers to be served at the same as present and to direct customers to exit from the front of the Hotel to alleviate noise to residents at the rear. It is expected however that the Hotel will be applying later to extend the License to a balcony at the side/rear of the Hotel.
2. A CONSULTATION to make an Active Travel route mainly cycle lanes from the end of the Westhill Cycleway down to the City Centre via Queens Road.
N.B. This consultation has now closed - we await conclusions.
See what is proposed in the EE article below - there is a map and explanation -
3. Hill of Rubislaw - 250 Rented Apartments
The New Plans have been submitted to Aberdeen City Council this time under Aurora as the developers. These plans have NOT been approved but the developers are appealing to the Scottish Office
4. Aberdeen West Health and Social Care structure is under review with the intention to reduce the number of districts in the City from 4 to 3. Aberdeen West to be amalgamated into the other areas.
For general information on the new Health and Social Care ideas and activities please go to abdnwestllg.weebly.com. Some meetings to decide the future structure are being held virtually with Microsoft TEAM but no decisions yet reached. Virtual meetings are being help regarding the mission and purpose of Local Groups - officially called Locality Empowerment Groups. If you wish to participate email :-
Also note that New regulations<https://www.gov.scot/publications/fire-and-smoke-alarms-in-scottish-homes/> are coming into force in February next year.
The new standard requires:
* one smoke alarm installed in the room most frequently used for general daytime living purposes
* one smoke alarm in every circulation space on each storey, such as hallways and landings
* one heat alarm installed in every kitchen
All alarms should be ceiling-mounted and interlinked.
The Officers of the Council are :-
Chair - Mr W Jaffray
Secretary and Planning Officer - Ken Hutcheon email@example.com
Web and Minute secretary - Mr Alexander (Sandy) Stephen ( firstname.lastname@example.orgTreasurer - Ms F Garton
Other Members - Ms M Inglis, Mrs V Jaffray and Mr G King
Use the email addresses above for contacting the Community Council.
The boundary for the Council Area is :-
North - Kings Gate, down Beechgrove Terrace.
East - Craigie Loanings, Albert Street, Victoria Street to Holburn junction
South - Holburn Street to Union Grove, along Union Grove and Cromwell Road to Anderson Drive
West - Up Anderson Drive to Queens Road, then along Queens Road to meet the North Boundary of Kings Gate at the Hazlehead Roundabout.
Click HERE to see a MAP of the Community Council Area.
Click HERE to see a very useful Aberdeen City Interactive Map showing Wards, Councillors and Community Council Areas.